To connect to EON Blockchain Testnet, you need to create a unique EON account (also called EON ID). This article contains a stepwise description of the process.
3. Enter the cd /home/<path></path> command to enter the directory the package from step 1 was downloaded to;
4. Unpack the archive to the same directory entering the tar -xvf eon.cli.linux.amd64-85.tgz command;
5. Execute ./eon seed command to generate a key pair and an identifier;
6. You are now ready to verify your EON account. To do so, follow the link: https://testnet.eontechnology.org/ and register in the system, using the data generated on the previous step;
7. Click SIGN UP to have a verification message sent to the e-mail address provided on the previous step;
8. A browser tab with the verification code prompt will show up.
You can find the code at the end of the activation link received in the message mentioned above.
To proceed with the registration you may either:
9. Wait a couple of minutes for the reqistration to complete;
10. It is complete when you see the Your account is registered! message;
11. Now open the unpacked file Config.json and insert Seed generated on step 6. Once done, save changes.
You are now ready to use your newly registered EON ID on the testnet.