Fintap is a secure multi-functional wallet with an integrated chat, that allows users to deposit, store and send their assets, both crypto and fiat. The app is one of the elements of the Exscudo ecosystem powered by EON blockchain technology.
This article reveals the process of:
- Initial setup and installation;
- Security measures for Fintap accounts, hardware and software infrastructure;
- Backing up data and recovering access to Fintap accounts and wallets;
- Security rules when using Fintap.
Initial setup and installation
Fintap is available for Android and iOS, the how-to stepwise installation will guide you through. Make sure you are always using the latest version of the app.
Security measures for Fintap accounts, hardware and software infrastructure
The first thing you need to do after installing and configuring FinTap is securing your assets and operations. Make sure you apply the following security layers to the app and the account:
- Both your device and account are protected by a PIN code or biometrics (Touch ID or Face ID);
- An antivirus/anti-malware is installed and running on the device;
- The protection software has all the necessary permissions, including access to notifications, so no warning remains unnoticed.
You can find more tips on securing your device and account in this article.
Backing up your wallet
In case you need to restore access to your wallets, i.g. installing the app to a new device, you will have to use your previously created backup.
The Secret key is created during the initial setup. The key is the most important tool for accessing the wallet, so it has to be backed up at all times. In case of emergency, it will guarantee you swift and safe access to your assets. Backup can be performed by a QR-code or by saving the Secret key.
If there is no backup of the secret key, and no other means of restoring access are available, there is a great risk for the wallet (as well as all stored assets) to be lost permanently.
Security rules when using Fintap
It is extremely important to maintain the highest security level when using Fintap. Your device is the first line of defense, it is crucial to ensure that it is used in a safe and secure environment. Keep in mind the following rules:
- Apply additional security levels such as a password or other means of verification;
- Ensure that no one else has access to your device;
- Do not leave your device unattended and unlocked;
- It is not advisable to use unsecured public networks to access Fintap;
- Do not let others see you enter the codes or passwords to access the device and the Fintap wallet;
- Keep your browser, applications, operating system and mobile firmware up to date;
- Keep your defense software up to date;
- Pay close attention to defense software warnings and notifications.
In terms of security, it is recommended to go an extra mile. Check this article
for more recommendations.